The international jury of the Foundation for Environmental Education (FEE) announced the winners of the Blue Flag program this month. In fact, among the top tourism spots this year are 9 Brazilian beaches. The socio-environmental criteria for prize-winning tourism spots also includes water quality, cleanliness, environmental actions and sustainable tourism. The jury, based in Copenhagen, assessed tourism sites from across the world.
Brazil’s nine chosen beaches
- Ponta de Nossa Senhora de Guadalupe, in Salvador, Bahia
- Praia do Tombo, in Guarujá
- Marinas Nacionais, in Guarujá
- Prainha de Grumari, in Rio de Janeiro
- Costabella Bay, in Angra dos Reis
- Praia Grande, in Governor Celso Ramos (SC)
- Praia Palmas, in Governor Celso Ramos (SC)
- Santa Catarina Yacht Club, in Florianópolis
- Peri Lake Beach, in Florianópolis
You can also take a look at the beaches in these stunning photos. So, who’s now planning their trip to Brazil?